Sunday, September 27, 2009

What political party am I most closely aligned with?

I am most closely aligned with the Democratic party.  Both of my parents are democrats even though my dad was raised a republican.  I am pro-choice and I also support gay marriage. Most people find this odd because my family is catholic.  I also believe in universal health care and I've noticed that a lot of republican policies tend to favor the wealthy.  An example of this is the numerous tax breaks that republicans like that give the biggest breaks to those who make the most and need it the least.  The one thing that I do tend to be more conservative about are unions.  However, I do understand the reason why unions form but I think that should be managed by improving the way a company is run, not by forming unions.  I don't know enough about politics to explain much more of my views, but as I talk to a republican about politics I realize that most of the time I disagree with them and agree with democratic viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment